FARNET is seeking to add the services of a creative and versatile individual to augment a small staff of highly leveraged people. Salary, title and work location are negotiable. The successful candidate should be:
- Familiar with the research and education networking community
- Flexible and capable of working in a rapidly evolving industry
- Able to successfully interact with a wide variety of leaders from state based network organizations, federal agencies, national organizations, and many of America's most talented, energetic futurists.
- Technical skills sufficient to be successful in a cyber world.
LOCATION: flexible - Washington DC preferred.
SALARY: Competitive and commensurate with training and experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Among the responsibilities that may be required are the following:
Under the direction of the Executive Director of FARNET,
- Provide coordination and oversight of an NSF funded States Inventory Project including:
- coordinate activities of two, sub-awardee organizations
- facilitate communication between the research and technical teams to assure steady progress toward project goals and timelines.
- identify appropriate state and national organizations and solicit their participation and cooperation.
- periodically report to NSF program officers about progress of project.
- develop strategy for future of the project beyond NSF funding.
- Monitor legislation, regulation and executive branch initiatives regarding telecommunications and Internet policy, with particular focus on events affecting networking research and education community.
- Provide periodic reports on current events, longer term analysis of trends in telecommunications and Internet policy arena.
- Research and draft informal comments to FCC and other govt. agencies on relevant proceedings.
- Maintain frequent contact with FARNET member organizations to understand the ongoing and changing needs of these organizations.
- Assist in the planning and coordinate various national FARNET sponsored and co-sponsored meetings and conferences.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
For further information, please send an indication of your interest via email to Jim Williams, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org.